OK, so we are already a month and a half into 2013 and I have made a start on some of these already but illness has meant my energy has had to go mostly workwards. Please keep your fingers crossed that I can give up being sick for lent (and much more of the year).
• After the success of my daily challenges last year and thanks to a Christmas gift from my sister I have a daily challenge to complete my Kirigami (paper cutting and folding) calendar – I’ve been posting pictures of this on my tumblr blog along with others that I take (though those not on a daily basis – only when there’s something interesting).
• There is only one Kirigami for Sat/Sun so Sundays is typically gong to me a snapshot of the progress of my Happiness Jar (I’m writing happy memories on pieces of paper, popping them in the jar ready to read on New Year’s Eve).
• I am going to put my 366Photo and smallstone challenge in a Photobook – need to do this by the time my Groupon runs out in May.
• I realised how much I miss reading so I’ve upped my Goodreads challenge to 24 books (Thanks to sickness I’m already on 13 if you count the 2 betas I’ve read that Goodreads doesn’t, and I do! Lots of those are re-readings – Malory Towers and Harry Potter).
• The PhD ethics proposal has to come up high here – I’m currently feeling like I’m spinning in circles so I’m hoping to settle without vomiting soon ;o)
• To continue to work on my self esteem and not letting it be so dependent on others
• To leave 2013 weighing less than I did at the start. I’m really hoping that the 5:2 I’ve been doing since Oct 6th will help with this.
• To restart Pilates and try not to completely donate my money to the gym this year.
• To finish the rewrite/full first drafts of the first two books in my series (I NEED to do this this year).
• I will try to write at least 2 journal articles this year (take two).
• I will aim to use the April A-Z blogging challenge to progress with my PhD/my novels.
• If I have finished my drafts of books one and two I will aim to use November’s NaNoWriMo to write at least 25,000 words of book 3 (of 4).
• I will try and cross another 4 items off my Bucket List (two already planned are the Harry Potter Movie Marathon and LeakyCon London attendance).
I think that’s a more manageable list than last year so I think I’ll leave it there.