Blog Archives

Trigger Injection Tonight

Went in for my scan this morning and I have one follicle at 22mm (20mm Friday) and 1 at 16mm (14mm Friday). Even have a sneaky one at 6mm (not that that’s going to do anything). Lining is up to 9.3mm and oestrogen levels up to just over 900 (as of Friday bloods!). Ideally I think they should be 1000 but have had some more blood today and was given the option to go ahead or to cancel. At this question I burst into tears… and I was doing so well at holding things together.

As my response to the maximum dose stimulation has not been that great it’s hard to know if I would respond worse or slightly better on a future cycle. My age and my AMH are not really on my side and I am only really ever going to be looking at 2-3 eggs on a cycle of stimulation.

Things are indicating hopefully the presence of one egg and it could be that there is two. We won’t know until I go ahead.

So I’m going for it. For full IVF. I think I will always regret it if I don’t.

Tonight (Monday) I take my last doses of Busceralin and Merional as usual and then my trigger shot of Ovitrelle at 23.30.

Tomorrow no jabs required just a relaxing day.

Wednesday will be the day of egg collection so nothing to eat or drink from midnight and an early trip up to London with huge thanks to my parents for accompanying me.

General Anaesthetic and a long needle later and when I wake up they should be able to tell me how many eggs were successfully collected. 2, 1 or 0.

Whatever the outcome, the benefit of going ahead is that I will have more information. They will be able to look at the quality of any eggs collected and also determine if they fertilise when the sperm is led into a Petri dish to say hello.

I’ll check back in at some point on Wednesday. Still more stages to go (I hope). If you are following my journey thank you. It’s an ongoing one, full of uncertainty that I don’t think will be over until you are holding a baby. Then the fun would begin!!


Smiley uterus – sad left ovary – #IVF Update

Not huge amounts to report today – have had 2 days of drugs at the different levels.

According to my scan it looked liked my uterus had a big grin so hoping this is a good sign.

Left ovary still a grump who is doing nothing.

Right ovary follicle progress:

The leading one that was 16.5mm is up to 20mm so that’s where they’d like it to be.

The one that was 10mm was up to 14mm and ideally they’d like to see if it can go a bit further.

Wednesdays bloods were borderline. Indicating possibly one egg. They’ve been done again today.

Womb Lining is up from 7.3mm to 8.3mm so that’s good.

Having two more days of Merional ordered so they should be delivered tomorrow (Saturday) so instead of finishing Saturday will def have another dose of both Sunday and possibly Monday too.

Back for another scan on Monday at 10am where a decision will be made. Consultant will actually be around so will be able to speak to him. If I can progress to egg collection that would likely happen Wednesday. But it’s still a waiting game and could go either way.

Looks like some tidying distraction is on the cards for the weekend.

I just want to do a shout out to all my family/friends for their practical support and to everyone who has sent me well wishes. I’m lucky to have some fabulous people around me. Thanks all.

Scan Number 2 – #IVF Update

I’ve been taking the Merional since Sunday and today (Wednesday) I had my second scan to see how things were going along.

First the good news. The juicy follicle on the right that was around 10mm at Friday’s scan was around 16.5mm (needs to aim for 21mm) and one of the tiny ones on the right is up to 10mm. Lining was thickening up but I blanked on by how much.

Now the not so good news. No sign of any more. Nothing on the left. Had bloods taken again

(oops I guess I didn’t press down hard enough)

The nurse was honest in saying she didn’t know what the consultant’s advice would be because, although you only need one egg to make a baby, the more eggs the more chances. Plus there’s no guarantee that each follicle contains an egg.

They got back to me to say that the recommendation was to reduce the Busceralin from 0.5 to 0.2 – I guess to see if we can wake the ovaries up a bit or at least to see if that 10mm joins in a bit more positively. I’m already of the full whack of the Merional. Back for another scan Friday afternoon to review.

It’s odd because since around 11.30 Thursday I’ve been feeling quick stabby pains down where my ovaries are and have been feeling a bit sicky and that’s continued today. I was hoping that that meant good things were happening. It’s odd how you can be convinced your body is doing stuff it might not be. I almost had myself convinced I was pregnant last summer but that was a no too.

So it’s not completely a no

Yes I had a blub

Yes I’m likely to have more blubs

But I’m trying to stay positive and remind myself that…

Will review again on Friday. There’s still potential steps that can be taken so trying to take things just one day at a time.

Thanks for reading

Now off work for the rest of this week and next and am wearing my pineapple on my wrist.

%d bloggers like this: