Category Archives: Bucket List
I’m so excited and grateful to be saying that myself and my friend Stacey are off to the Divergent European Premiere on Sunday 30th March 2014 and thanks to HarperCollins Kids you could be too. We both absolutely adored the brilliant trilogy by Veronica Roth and are really looking forward to seeing the story’s transition to the screen.
I have one pair of tickets to giveaway and you have a number of chances to win tickets by choosing the rafflecopter entries you are happy to do.
To answer a couple of the questions you will need to be familiar with the story, examine the picture above and to visit this blog post of mine that tells you about a plan I have to face my fear.
Information below taken from the Divergent Movie Facebook page here (they are also running ticket giveaways)
On Saturday March 29th and Sunday March 30th Leicester Square will be transformed into the dystopian world of DIVERGENT, where fans will be invited to undergo initiation tests and, like Tris Prior, choose where they belong. Would you survive in Dauntless? Fans will be put through their paces with Dauntless training to see if you are brave enough to join their faction!
But that’s not all – On the Sunday at 1.30pm the European premiere of DIVERGENT will also take place, at Odeon Leicester Square. The premiere will be attended by stars of the film Shailene Woodley, Theo James and Kate Winslet. As a thank you to the fans who have supported the film, we will be giving away a number of tickets to the European premiere, competitions will run over the next week. Keep checking our official Facebook & Twitter for opportunities to win.
The Divergent Fan Experience Timings
Saturday March 29th
11.00am – 6.00pm
Sunday March 30th
11.00am – 12.00pm
3.00pm – 6.00pm
Admittance to the Fan Experience event will be on a first come, first served basis.
Sunday March 30th
Doors open – 1.30pm
Doors close – 2.30pm
Film starts 3.00pm
OPPORTUNITIES TO WIN BELOW
Unfortunately Rafflecopter doesn’t fully embed in WordPress.com so you’ll have to follow the link below to enter (opens in the same window unless you right click to open to a new tab/window)
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Or you can enter here on my facebook page
I know I said this would be up over the weekend but because I finished it today I might as well release it. I’ve added the Do Not Dos to stop me doing stuff too. The need to find a better balance is important to me.
LeakyCon in Orlando and the Wizarding World of Harry Potter/Universal/Disney
The Divergent Movie – especially Theo James as Four
The Fault in Our Stars Movie
Mockingjay Part 1 Movie
Geek Girl 3: Picture Perfect [Holly Smale]
Echoes of Us (The Hybrid Chronicles book 3) [Kat Zhang]
Wicked/The Bodyguard/Seven Brides for Seven Brothers/Rent Concert/Miranda Hart/War Horse/Sarah Millican/West Side Story (in a box)/Wicked (yes I know it’s on here twice).
Tempted by the UK YA convention, film and comicon in July.
Complete book reviews from last year by end Jan
Finish HOL homework (sign up for less classes next time)
Reading Challenge of 52 books whilst keeping on top of reviews.
Join the Insecure Writer’s Blogging Challenge (1 blog post 1st Wed of each month)
Complete Full First Draft of Tetrana
Complete Full First Draft of Training Time
Add to Training Time 2 as possible
NaNoWriMo Nov 2014 (time/PhD progress dependent)
Face your Boggart
Write a New Beginnings story
Write a couple of poems across the year
PhD Ethics, recruitment and data collection
Complete at least 1 publication
Home and Health:
Complete house sort and tidy
Keep on top of receipts
Keep meal planning and batch cooking – eat breakfast and take lunch to work!
Healthy and Happy – exercise – inc – parkrun, eat better and make a note of things that make me happy
Do Not Do (Would love to do but really don’t have the time):
A Daily Challenge – just read the word a day calendar!!
Jan Mindful Challenge
100k in 100 days
April A-Z Blogging Challenge
What else should I add to my anticipated list?
OK, so we are already a month and a half into 2013 and I have made a start on some of these already but illness has meant my energy has had to go mostly workwards. Please keep your fingers crossed that I can give up being sick for lent (and much more of the year).
• After the success of my daily challenges last year and thanks to a Christmas gift from my sister I have a daily challenge to complete my Kirigami (paper cutting and folding) calendar – I’ve been posting pictures of this on my tumblr blog along with others that I take (though those not on a daily basis – only when there’s something interesting).
• There is only one Kirigami for Sat/Sun so Sundays is typically gong to me a snapshot of the progress of my Happiness Jar (I’m writing happy memories on pieces of paper, popping them in the jar ready to read on New Year’s Eve).
• I am going to put my 366Photo and smallstone challenge in a Photobook – need to do this by the time my Groupon runs out in May.
• I realised how much I miss reading so I’ve upped my Goodreads challenge to 24 books (Thanks to sickness I’m already on 13 if you count the 2 betas I’ve read that Goodreads doesn’t, and I do! Lots of those are re-readings – Malory Towers and Harry Potter).
• The PhD ethics proposal has to come up high here – I’m currently feeling like I’m spinning in circles so I’m hoping to settle without vomiting soon ;o)
• To continue to work on my self esteem and not letting it be so dependent on others
• To leave 2013 weighing less than I did at the start. I’m really hoping that the 5:2 I’ve been doing since Oct 6th will help with this.
• To restart Pilates and try not to completely donate my money to the gym this year.
• To finish the rewrite/full first drafts of the first two books in my series (I NEED to do this this year).
• I will try to write at least 2 journal articles this year (take two).
• I will aim to use the April A-Z blogging challenge to progress with my PhD/my novels.
• If I have finished my drafts of books one and two I will aim to use November’s NaNoWriMo to write at least 25,000 words of book 3 (of 4).
• I will try and cross another 4 items off my Bucket List (two already planned are the Harry Potter Movie Marathon and LeakyCon London attendance).
I think that’s a more manageable list than last year so I think I’ll leave it there.