Category Archives: Listography
This week’s listography is to consider some short term goals for April
I’m going to try and make this quite a short post too.
1. To make it through this month’s A to Z blogging challenge. I’ve managed to get a couple of days ahead (thanks holiday) and am hoping to build up more of a head start over the next few days.
2. To draw something (and I don’t just mean on the app Draw Something ;o)) – this links in with no 1 because two posts I have ideas for require me to try and exercise my limited drawing skills.
3.To give my World Book Night books (Good Omens) to non/light readers. Today in fact I have arranged to do this with my local adult education centre so will be attending a couple of classes on 23rd April. Ideally I need to read the book again to be able to talk about it confidently.
4. To read my ARC of Insurgent (see previous post) when it arrives so that I can help my faction to ‘review-blogging’ success in the first week of May.
5. To finalise my travel arrangements for the COT conference in Glasgow (currently I have none booked though I have registered for the conference and have sorted accommodation – there’s lots of us staying in the same place so I’m looking forward to the event). I should start working more on my conference sessions too.
Kate over at Kate Takes 5 has challenged us this week to take snaps of mugs (I’m assuming our ‘top’ 5). She doesn’t think she will get many sign ups this week but when I saw this one I was looking forward to it – for one mug in particular – so I’m going to do my list in reverse order today. Ps. Mugs in my house aren’t just for drinking from.
5. Big Mug Trio
These huge mugs are not used for drinking but for scoffing from, things like ice-cream, angel delight, melted chocolate (they are fully microwaveable), crisps, cereal etc fit in these perfectly. As an OT, the green one is my fave.
4. Tall Tigger Mug
The wonderful thing about this Tigger Mug is that it is tall but not too wide so perfect when you want just a little bit more tea than a normal mug allows for.
3. The Truth is GHDs rock and deserve their own mug!!
I have two X-Files mugs from my ‘mad about the X-Files’ stage (I still love it but it’s not on anymore) – one is on what I like to call (nod to Miranda) ‘general rotation’ for regular drinkage the other is home to my GHD straighteners – the best tools a girl could have, but also the hottest so using a mug to hold them works on a safety level.
2. My ‘Go To’ Chunky Spotty Mug
I don’t really know what is so special about this mug but it is my go to mug, especially for hot chocolate. It’s nice and chunky so gives you a little more of what you like. I don’t know why but I seem to feel a little possessive of this mug in particular getting a bit fidgety when someone else uses it.
In fact I decided on snapping this mug to try myself a little hot drink experiment – Chai tea with Galaxy Hot Chocolate – success.
1. Frog in a Mug
La ‘pièce de résistance’ mug that made me even more determined to take part in this listography. It’s actually really quite small and I don’t actually use it anymore but it is soooo cool. This was a mug given to me when I was a kid – I was supposedly so petrified of it after the first use of this that I would cry when I saw it. The trick to this mug is – fill with a dark liquid to cover the ceramic frog inside – give to an unsuspecting child to drink from – get ready to catch the mug (I’m shocked it is still in one piece actually) and then comfort child.
On an unrelated note I can’t wait to have children!