In the year 2018, the year they turned 40, four friends set up a reading challenge – #40yrs40bks. In 2019 it was #40morebks and now in 2020 it’s #40for2020. As always we are inviting you to join us.
Here are the prompts:
and a spreadsheet for you:
I still have a few books to go on my 2019 challenge so I’ll do a round up of that when it’s completed. One thing I’ve confirmed this year is that I am very much a mood reader so this time I’m not going to plan out what books I’m going to read and stick rigidly to that but go with the flow.
As ever this is your challenge so interpret the prompts as you like… and Happy New Reading Year 2020.
Who is joining us?
For full details and downloads check out the challenge page here.
Yes, I know I look, and act, waaaaay too young to be turning 40 in 2018 but I am! I’m not making New Years resolutions but I will be trying to practice better self care, and I am setting myself two ’40’ challenges.
40 Special Things to do for my 40th Year
1. See Dreamgirls
2. See School of Rock
3. Harry Potter studio tour solo trip
4. See Sunset Boulevard
5. Harry Potter exhibit at Poole Library
6. Pierce Brown tour
7. See Cursed Child again with Cath
8. Be Bridesmaid for my sister and do all the hen do fun
9. Blood Brothers musical theatre workshop
10. See Hamilton
11. See Sarah Millican again
12. Go to YALC again
13. New Forest Fairy Festival
14. See Cursed Child again on my actual 40th birthday!!!!
15. Fab and Forty Cake Smash Photo Shoot with besties
16. Visit Prague
17. Harry Potter Studio Tour Halloween
Undated/Dates to be confirmed
18. Read 150+ books again including but not limited to Obsidio, Nevernight Book 3, LIFELIK3, Iron Gold, Dark Age, State of Sorrow, Vengeful, A Court of Frost and Starlight, TOG 7, Queen of Air and Darkness, The Witch’s Blood and #40YRS40BKS Reading Challenge (see below)
19. Reading weekend with Elizabeth and Rachel (to help with above)
20. Finish first draft of middle grade book
21. Complete a polished copy of a novel
22. Submit above novel to Agents
23. Self Publish some Poetry
24. Make excellent use of My cineworld unlimited card (see at least 40 films)
25. Watch a sunrise
26. Watch a sunset
27. Do a bat thing with Steph
28. Go to Chained Library at Wimborne with Stacey
29. Weekend in Cornwall with the family
30. Cornwall Boscastle Museum of Witchcraft and Magic
31. Bounce Below
32. Actually sit out in garden in summer (i.e. de weed and sort garden) and have birthday BBQ
33. Host Harry Potter Quiz (for Charity)
34. Complete bookcase quilt
35. Make Seraphina Picquery Cosplay
36. Make Hogwarts model for front garden
37. Make a thestral model
38. Make Knight Bus model (3D puzzle now)
39. Host a craftivist event
40. Daily Happiness Journal (to have a lasting memory of the year)
#40YRS40BKS Reading Challenge
A number of my booksy besties all turn the big 40 over the next year so we’ve come up with a #readingchallenge between us that we’d love people to join in with. The rules are simple. There are 40 reading prompts – 10 each from 4 of us. During 2018 you just have to make sure what you read adds a tick against all 40 prompts. Personally I’ll be aiming for 40 separate books but you can count one book for multiple prompts if you like. Now go forth, read and help us celebrate. @kirstyes @catrad @svmitche @jkkenobi (Also feel free to substitute bookstagram for any online forum).
My other booksy aim for this year is to be a lot more on top of my reviews.
What’s on your list of things to achieve/experience/live/do this year?