New Year’s Intentions 2012
I saw somebody write about New Year’s intentions rather than resolutions and I like this idea, especially as I have so many intentions in mind this year. My plan is to try to fulfil these things throughout the year and so in most cases they will start with an I will try to… and if I’ve got just a little way along the journey as we cross into 2013 then I should consider this a success.
Health and wellbeing (Physical and Mental)
- Try not to let other people have a huge impact on how I feel about myself (Now, I don’t think I’ll never get upset by comments or things that happen but I need to learn to let go more and think more rationally about what that means about my worth as a person).
- Try to keep up with crafting and being creative (writing, knitting, painting, card making etc. because I really have enjoyed these occupations).
- Try to leave 2012 weighing less than I did at the start (No mention of how much because I find it difficult to set a realistic target in relation to this).
- Try to go to the gym more in order to help the above intention and improve my strength and stamina in general (I’m going to start by aiming to attend at least 1 session of body combat for three weeks every month).
- Try to remember to take my medication each day and to order my repeats in time so I don’t start another New Year sneezing!!!
Writing and Challenges
- Over on my new Tumblr blog I am going to aim to take a photo a day (for every one of the 366 days in 2012) and post it on there. The snapseed photo app was very helpfully free on iTunes 12 Days of Christmas today so I’m going to use that and my exisiting photo based apps (like Instagram and Colour Splash) to have a little fun with the snaps I take. There’s an app called my365 which is also quite cool and I might use that too to summarise my months in photo calendar form.
- In a second attempt to be more mindful on what is happening around me I am also going to extend the January River of Stones challenge and try to write a small stone each day of 2012. You can more about this over on Tumblr too.
- I forgot to add my third daily challenge which is to reply to the Oh Life daily e-mail – this will just be a personal journal (an aide memoir) – I like that when you’ve been posting for a while it sends you random snippets from past posts).
- Sally Quilford who last year set up the May You Write Your Novel challenge has again set up a writing challenge starting today. 100k in 100 days is a bit more of a flexible writing challenge (I think writing journal articles might count too so I may be able to squeeze some work writing in this too) that I am going to attempt. I have written 823 words today not counting the small stones which I will add on. I need to think about where and how I’m going to track my progress on this one but think I’ll do it weekly rather than daily.
- I’m going to try and use this challenge and my own willpower to try and complete a full draft of my novel (with the middle laid out in more detail than a few sentences).
- And I forgot to put in sending some stories and poems to publications.
- Ooops I also forgot to add in keeping up with my blog more (I’m still hoping to use Silent Sunday and meme’s like Kate Takes 5’s Listography but also generally make sure there is some content on all of my tabs and write at least two non meme related posts a month).
- I will try ScriptFrenzy again in April
- I will try NaNoWriMo again in November (but importantly with all of these I will appreciate that I have a lot going on in my life so if I don’t complete the challenges I will simply be happy with adding whatever I have written that I wouldn’t have written before).
- I will try my best to submit my research proposal to the ethics committee at work by the summer (hopefully by May though).
- I will try to write at least 2 journal articles this year.
- I will try to read at least 1 fiction book a month and to post the review on Goodreads and here.
- I will try and cross 4 items off my Bucket List by the end of 2012 (1 is booked and I’m making good progress on a 2nd and maybe a 3rd so hopefully this is realistic).
- Last addition (though the most important really) is to spend more time with friends and family.
So not a lot then on top of everything else that I have to do. Wish me luck and willpower.
Posted on January 1, 2012, in Bucket List, Kirsty rambles on about life, the universe, tv, and everything!. Bookmark the permalink. 2 Comments.